August 16, 2013

Grilled Halloumi Sandwich

I didn't know about Halloumi cheese till last year when a friend of us visited us back in Germany and made a huge salad with grilled Halloumi cheese for everyone. Nice guest/friend right? :) Instantly I fell in love with it and was more than surprised and happy when I found this kind of cheese in our Trader Joe's where we go groceries shopping on a weekly basis . 

Yesterday I wasn't up for cooking but wanted to eat something hearty and when I looked in the fridge and saw the cheese I knew what to make. 

First I took a 6inch piece of Baguette and toasted it.

Than I put a bit of olive oil in a pan and fried some slices of Halloumi cheese in it. After a couple of minuten, when one side of it was nicely brown I flipped the cheese and put some slices of tomatoes to it.

On my baguette I put a bit of herb butter, than slices of fresh cut tomatoes, above the tomatoes the grilled cheese and the fried tomatoes. Sprinkled with some fresh cut chive and Voila it's oh so good! Very, very yummy - Heaven on Earth :)


1 comment:

  1. My husband would do almost anything for halloumi. ;) I love the stuff, too, and in fact I would probably be vegan, if it wasn't for halloumi.

    ReplyDelete

linkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...